Tax Disputes

Do you feel that the Canada Revenue Agency (“CRA”) has unfairly assessed you? Are you involved in an unfair audit? If you are in a dispute with the CRA in respects to a tax debt, your next step is to file a Notice of Objection.

Typically, a taxpayer has 90 days from the date of the assessment to file a Notice of Objection with the CRA. However, if this deadline is missed, the CRA may allow you up to a year to obtain an extension. But of course, the CRA is infamous for being strict in regards to granting extensions, and very often they will deny people with businesses these extensions.

Although it is possible for a taxpayer to object to an assessment on his or her own, it’s always a safer bet when you have a professional on your side. The lawyers at Barrett Tax Law are trained in fighting for taxpayers’ rights and in challenging the CRA. No one knows the CRA better than Barrett Tax Law as they have helped thousands of Canadian taxpayers in objecting to their unfair assessments, and having been successful in doing so as well.

If you have decided to fight the CRA and to object to a Notice of Assessment in order to end your tax dispute call Barrett Tax Law today at 1-877-8-TAX-TAX (829-829) to schedule a consultation with a award-winning tax lawyer.

Call Us: 1-866-278-8484

Schedule a Consultation